Friday, May 2, 2014

Explanation

So as far as first posts go, mine dragged on.  The explanation it attempts to provide is also a bit poor, so I'll use this post to give a better one.

About six years ago I, through a rather unfortunate incident, ingested a large amount of "embalming fluid", the liquid form of PCP.  The damage to my nervous system was so severe, I went into a coma for roughly a month. After waking up from it, I started suffering from prolonged episodes of depersonalization, like what I described in that first post, where I lose track of exactly what or who I am.  These episodes can last anywhere from minutes to days, and usually end with me snapping out of it in a strange place, unsure of how I got there despite having a full memory of watching myself, or what I believe to be myself.

The reason for this blog is because my latest episode ended with me staring at my computer screen, with this very interface open in my browser.  I left the page open, and revisited it after a few days with the notion to record my feelings and, maybe, jot down a few choice "memories" I have of past episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment